Monday, November 30, 2009

Blackberry Bold 9700

Well I finally upgraded from my 2007 Samsung BlackJack (which I had hacked to Windows Mobile 5.1) to a Blackberry Bold 9700 and I love it.  I’ve been very pleased with the phone quality and the trackpad kicks ass.  I was always a bit hesitant with Blackberry devices because of the trackball but the trackpad is nothing if it’s not elegant.  The phone has pretty much everything I need. image WiFi rocks, camera rocks, email rocks, it’s encrypted and there are even enough apps to wet my appetite.  Apps are where the platform is lacking, but all the common ones exist in one from or another so I’ll get along just fine without a fake lighter.  I would have liked to have seen the Motorola Droid as that would have been a tougher choice, but since I’m family plan bound with AT&T I didn’t have to make that decision.  So far my favorite app is Viigo.  Check it out if you haven’t already.  Now if only there were open source apps for the berry….

No comments: