Friday, September 05, 2008

Cheap, Simple, websites

So I committed myself to help develop a web site for my son's Cub Scout pack.  I did a smallish site last year for his Den just to keep track of Calendar items and it worked pretty well. I hosted it at the time with 1and1.com which ended up costing about $3/month.  At the end of the year, they wanted to jack up the rates so I didn't want to renew or start over with them this year.  After a bit of searching I found a site called AirSet. (www.airset.com).  It looks pretty cool. We can use it to manage documentation, calendars, photos...all kinds of stuff.  The basic usage is free but once you use some decent amount of storage you need to pay a small fee. (5GB is $2/month) It looks like it might be a great way to collaborate...I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: